Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Not Too Bad So Far, Thanks Barack

Today we got in free to the very pricy Madame Tussaud’s Wax Museum because we are American.  (I couldn't believe it!  FREE!)  The British love Obama; absolutely love him.  So with a valid American identification we got to look at wax statues of other famous Americans… in England.  Still doesn’t make sense.  Oh well, I’m not complaining.  So far you could say I’m a fan of Obama’s presidency.

It’s interesting to watch my country’s history unfold from another continent.  I feel that sometimes the British view, especially in the newspapers, can get a little skewed but I have been most surprised how important the United States is to the UK.  I mean, the US makes front-page news EVERYDAY.  American celebrity gossip IS British celebrity gossip.  The US economy completely affects the UK’s.  Barack Obama presidency in no way affects only the United States.  It seems as though the entire world (well I can only say London for sure) is holding its breath to see just what Obama can do because his presidency affects SO MANY PEOPLE.

Well, we’ll see won’t we?

No comments: